little V2 feedback

• @z3dev Yes, I'm using the dark theme (even if it's not working now). I'm on a 4K screen and V2 runs nicely. I drag & drop my project folder to run it, it always work (on 2K resolution, lots of time it shows the folder contend instead of running it). But after some drags & drops, the parameters window disappear.
    (capture of 4K screen)
    0_1592046797504_Capture d’écran de 2020-06-13 13-13-02.png

I'll try to run npm run docs to update the docs.

I'm trying to code my 2 axis interlock slicer on v2, but there are some troubles with my 3d->2d projection code with complex models, so I'm digging the code looking for anything that could help on projection, outline.

• @gilboonet are you using the 'dark' theme?

yeah. there's still some issues in the web UI.

• @gilboonet nice example.

I understand now. Those vec3 functions return a Float32Array, which is NOT an Array. 😞

For now, you can use ES6 javascript syntax to make things easier.

vol = transforms.translate([ ...d2 ], vol)

By the way, the latest V2 branch has a fix for the documentation on colors.

• @z3dev I tried to use a variable with translate and got

ERROR:
    Error: offset must be an array

my code is (last line)

var vol = transforms.center({}, transforms.scale(ech.fill(params.echelle), volume().csg))
      var B = measureBounds(vol)
      let d = vec3.add(B[1], vec3.negate(B[0]))
      let d2 = vec3.scale(1/2, d)
      //vol = transforms.translate([d2[0],d2[1],d2[2] ], vol)
      vol = transforms.translate(d2, vol)

It works with the commented line

• 0_1591953285796_Capture d’écran de 2020-06-12 11-06-44.png It's not something important, but on the top there are captions written in white that can only be seen when there's something on the background.

• @z3dev To color I use colors.colorize([r,v,b,a], geom), read from the documentation. I generated it at the end of the installation process as it was the last step.

• @gilboonet said in little V2 feedback:

Functions like translate or size attribute of a primitive that need an array doesn't accept a variable containing an array but only a litteral array. Are there coding basics to know to work with vec3/vec2 ?

You should be able to do this...

let mysize = [2, 3, 4]
    let myshape = primitives.cuboid({size: mysize})

• @gilboonet said in little V2 feedback:

I wasn't able to use color library, and the generated doc about modeling/color is empty, so maybe it is not available for the moment, or did I miss something during installation ?

Ooops! There's a little name issue in the documention. Will be fixed soon.

• @gilboonet thanks for the nice feedback. 🙂

FYI, you can generate documentation as well, if you need some documention on the new functional API. 😉

npm run docs

And open 'index.html' found in the 'out' directory.

• 0_1591797389130_Capture d’écran de 2020-06-10 15-55-56.png
    What is difficult is to know what requires are needed, so I try to make them as large as possible.
    In the future, I will certainly try to put utility functions like degToRad into a library.

I didn't find vec3.minus(), vec3.times, so I used respectively add and scale to replace them.

Functions like translate or size attribute of a primitive that need an array doesn't accept a variable containing an array but only a litteral array. Are there coding basics to know to work with vec3/vec2 ?

I wasn't able to use color library, and the generated doc about modeling/color is empty, so maybe it is not available for the moment, or did I miss something during installation ?